Have you ever felt like you could self combust with rage? I know I have. When things just seem to keep going wrong? Like the domino effect, one thing triggers the next…. Arrrggghhhh!
Once you find yourself sliding down this slippery pathway to a meltdown it seems the only thing to do is just keep on sliding, doesn’t it? Saying “I knew that was going to happen”… and it usually does.
This is where things can change. I can now do it, and I know you can too.
So what is ‘it’? Well, ‘it’ is love. Love is the greatest feeling of all wouldn’t you agree? If you’re feeling love in your heart and body – is it possible to be in a rage at the same time? I don’t think so. They are at opposite ends of the emotional spectrum, aren’t they? You get what you focus on so choose carefully – happiness or anger/frustration?
Rather continuing down the path way to complete meltdown and rage try these 7 tips:
- STOP. Take a moment to acknowledge how you are feeling and focus on your breathing. Decide to take a few moments out for yourself.
- Gain some perspective on the situation. Is it really as you imagine/find it or is there another way of looking at it? Could you be kinder to yourself in this moment than you are currently being?
- Depending on where you are or what your circumstance continue to focus on your breathing, close your eyes if it is safe to do so… imagine you are breathing in love, imagine seeing the beautiful colours of love being drawn towards you and circulating around your heart, maybe see butterflies and bubbles.
- Breathe out all the frustration.
- Focus on a better feeling thought – love. Perhaps someone you love and focus your thoughts on some of the qualities within that person or remember back to a time when you felt so happy, so full of laughter. Focus on those thoughts for a few moments and allow yourself the time to refocus on positive feelings and thoughts.
- Give yourself the gift of a smile and let go.
- Relax your tense muscles and open your eyes to a more positive reality.
Quote of the day: “For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” Author Unknown
Feeling like you could do with some support right now, drop me an email and let’s have a chat?
Wishing you so much happiness
Ali Soleil – Feminine Self Esteem Mentor